Entry Level Analyst Program (ELAP)
Competencies development program for young professionals
Entry Level Analyst Program (ELAP) offers you an introduction to the world of business analysis and problem-solving. ELAP is an intensive entry-level competencies development program designed to equip career-focused recent graduates and entry-level professionals with the requisite orientation, knowledge, skills, exposure and aptitude required for entry-level effectiveness in a fast-paced work environment.
The expanded Entry Level Analyst Program has been creatively redesigned to include some of the modules covered in the Global Analyst Training Program, a highly sought-after mini-MBA program. Modules to be covered in ELAP now include Introduction to Business Analysis and Big data Analytics, Strategic Thinking & Problem Solving, Basic Financial Accounting, Digitals Skills for 21st Century Workplace, Public Speaking, Effective Data and Information Presentation, Career Development and Work Ethics.
The curriculum, case studies and projects are tailored and integrated to ensure participants are job-ready for an excellent career in the Financial Services, Consulting, Telecoms, FMCG and Professional Service sectors.
(75% off for a limited time)
Delivery Mode: Online Self-paced
The program consists of approximately 20 hours of high-impact lectures and resources that can be taken at participants’ pace over 8 weeks without having to worry about clashes in your schedule. You will also have assess to templates and other resources for 6 months.
- Facts about Data Analytics
- Data Science – Big Data – Web Analytics
- Types of Analytics: Descriptive, Diagnostic, Predictive, and Prescriptive
- Quantitative vs Qualitative Data
- Information Gathering Process
- Strategy Formulation
- Critical attributes of strategic thinkers
- Problem Solving Frameworks
- Introduction to analytical frameworks
- PESTEL, SWOT
- Marketing Mix
- McKinsey 7S
- BCG Matrix
- Case Studies
- Why everyone must learn public speaking
- Presentation competency levels
- Hindrances to effective public speaking
- Taming Glossophobia
- Fundamentals of persuasion
- Introduction to Basic Accounting
- Going Concern
- What makes up the Financial Statements
- Income and Profit Statement
- Cashflow Statement
- Balance Sheet
- What is Big Data?
- Characteristics of Big Data
- Sources of Big Data
- Challenges of Big Data
- Big Data Analytics
- Benefits of Big Data Analytics
- Case Study: UPS
- Case Study: Bank of America
- File hosting tools
- Communication tools
- Collaboration tools
- Presentation tools
- Project management tools
- Scheduling tools
- Why Data Visualization
- Steps to Visualize Data
- Data Visualization with Excel
- Pivot Table
- AI in Excel
- Data Visualization with PowerPoint
- Data Visualization with Power BI
- Tips on staying relevant
- Finding Opportunities
- Capstone Assignment (Required to complete the program)
Who Should Enroll
Fresh Graduates and Graduate Trainees
Understand the world of work, and acquire fundamental skills for career acceleration.
Those Considering Graduate School
Strengthen your analytical skills before pursuing an MBA or other graduate program.
Develop a data mindset to make more informed business decisions and advance your career.
What You Will Benefit
- Participants will gain an introduction to business analysis concepts, and be equipped for an Entry Level role with any of the leading firms.
- Learn about frameworks for developing a research strategy that includes everything from problem definition, instrument design, data collection, data analysis, and decision making.
- Develop effective marketing strategies and identify sources of competitive advantage through differentiation.
- Acquire valuable skills and enjoy long term career development support needed to accelerate your career offered to GAA alumni.
- Understand career progression opportunities across different career paths, and how to narrow down to your specific areas of interest.
The program provided a solid learning platform necessary to succeed in my career.
Senior Analyst, Meristem Securities Ltd
Fantastic! Great Faculty!
It was a hands on practical experience that help hone my critical thinking and problem solving abilities.
Digital Product Manager, Keystone Bank
My GATP experience was simply amazing. It helped me understand and analyse data better in my role as a Clinic Manager. What I loved the most was the financial analysis session.
Clinic Manager, Medbury Medical Services
I enjoyed the course thoroughly!
Enlightening and quite engaging with great case studies that are world class.
Field Service Engineer, General Electric (GE)
My decision to attend ELAP and later GATP was a life changing decision. The experience has given me an edge that has set my career on a positive trajectory.
Management Consulting Intern, KPMG
My GATP experience clarified my understanding of the role of a business analyst.
Research Analyst, Vetiva Capital
The capabilities I acquired during the GATP program helped me launch my business analysis career.
Business Analyst, Altara Credit Limited